“Cerritos was previously known as the City of Dairy Valley simply because of the sheer number of dairy and poultry farms in the area. Today, Cerritos, or “little hills,” is known for it’s many commercial centers and recreational parks. The city of Cerritos offers a variety of options for residents and visitors alike, from their award winning designed Center for the Performing Arts and the Cerritos Sculpture Garden which is full of beautiful trees, stoney walls, and a growing collection of public artwork and installations. For those who like to spend their leisurely time indoors, there is the Los Cerritos Center, a retail shopping center with stores like Macy’s, Nordstroms, Dick’s Sporting Good, and a food court with eateries like Cheesecake Factory and California Pizza Kitchen. See below for more interesting facts about Cerritos and a detailed list of some our favorite things to do in this thriving city.
Serving the city of Cerritos with quality auto glass replacement and repair
Good Auto Glass loves serving the Cerritos community with all their auto glass needs. Feel free to visit us at our shop, or give us a call for a consultation today. Learn more about our family owned business here. Below is a list of our popular services for the Cerritos area.
Places people do in Cerritos!
Things to do in Cerritos California
- Cerritos Center for the Performing ArtsLocated on Center Court Drive, is the city’s center for the performing arts. The Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts is a beautifully designed venue with artistic and entertaining concerts and performances year round. Some notable performances include Broadway musicals, Mamma Mia and Spamalot, and musical acts like Art Garfunkel and Gladys Knight. Plan your visit today!
- Heritage ParkThe Cerritos Heritage Park is 15 acres of recreational fun. With reservable picnic and barbeque areas, a softball diamond, night lighted basketball courts, and a playground, the Heritage Park is a great way to get together with friends and family for a picnic lunch or a pickup game of basketball.
- Cerritos Sculpture GardenHidden between the Cerritos Library and the LA County Sheriff Station, is the Cerritos Sculpture Garden. The garden is a hidden gem in Cerritos, and makes for a nice and quiet day out in the park. With its serene setting of trees and unique art sculptures, the Cerritos Sculpture Garden is the perfect day get away. The Sculpture Garden is also a popular spot for garden and portrait photography.
- Cerritos Towne CenterShop, dine, and be inspired at the Cerritos Towne Center, an outdoor shopping center located on Artesia Blvd. with a wide array of retailers and restaurants. Retailers include, Walmart, Ross, Kohls, Trader Joes, and more!
Fun facts about Cerritos
- Lights, Camera, Action!Did you know that the city of Cerritos has been featured in cult classic comedies? The Cerritos Mall and Center make an appearance in the 1993 sci-fi comedy, Coneheads. A movies about coneheaded aliens who crash land on Earth. Cerritos is also featured in the legendary 1992 spin-off of yet another SNL skit called, Wayne’s World, starring Mike Myers and Dana Carvey. The Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts is also shown in teen rom-com movie She’s All That, starring Freddie Prinze Jr. and Rachael Leigh Cook.
- First Lady MaterialA notable figure from the city Cerritos is the former First Lady Pat Nixon. Thelma Catherine “Pat” Nixon grew up in the town of Cerritos in the early 20s on the corner of Ely and South Street. You can find a statue of her made at Pat Nixon Park in tribute of her memory. The Patricia Nixon Elementary School of the ABC Unified School District also pays tribute to our late first lady of the United States.
- Summer Concerts Under the StarsEvery summer, Cerritos puts on summer concerts on at Heritage Park. From Beatles and Rolling Stones tribute bands to Country and Motown musical performers, the The Heritage Park Island Stage will be rocking. Bring your picnic blankets and enjoy a night of music under the stars.
Get an Instant Quote today!
Are you in Cerritos looking for either a mobile auto glass service or a shop to swing by, but not sure how much your repair will cost? Use our instant quote generator for a price estimate on your auto glass repair or replacement, and schedule your appointment today!