Downey, or LA County’s “Most Business-Friendly City,” is located in southeast LA and is considered one of the largest developments in the diverse county. With roots in aerospace and agriculture, this conic LA suburb has a uniquely rich history. From The Carpenters childhood home to NASA’s Apollo Space Program, the city of Downey is full of interesting quirks. Good Auto Glass loves serving the Downey community with the best auto glass replacement and repairs. Whether you’re a local or just passing through, Good Auto Glass wants to ensure you the safest drive possible with our quality window replacement and repair services. Read on for more interesting facts about the city of Downey, and check out our list of available auto glass repair services below.
Good Auto Glass has services available to the city of Downey
If you are located in Downey and are in need of an urgent repair or replacement, call Good Auto Glass today at (714) 994-0900 and speak with one of our representatives to identify what kind of repair you need. We can help you schedule a repair appointment as soon as today. Our mobile service also allows us to come to you, at your home, work, or your place of choosing. Here are some of our available services:
Popular places to visit in Downey, Los Angeles
Fun Facts about Downey, California!
- Downey is located near many professional sport teams Some of the most popular sporting teams are located near the city of Downey. These teams include basketball teams The Los Angeles Clippers and the Lakers, and the baseball teams the Angels and the Dodgers.
- Downey is out of this world! Downey was home to NASA’s Industrial Plant which housed the Apollo Space Program and the Space Shuttle Program. This plant was the site where the Apollo missions’ rockets and landing capsules were produced.
- Fast Food Beginnings Did you know that Downey was home to the first ever Taco Bell restaurant and the oldest functioning McDonald’s restaurant in the world?
- “The nearest thing to heaven that I’ve seen” Grammy award winning singing brother-sister act, The Carpenters, grew up in Downey, California. When Karen and Richard Carpenter’s parents moved to Downey in 1963, the musically talented siblings attended Downey High School.
Culture & Entertainment
- The Civic Light Opera
- The Carpenters Collection at the Downey City Library.
- The Downey Civic Theatre
- The Downey History Center
- The Downey Museum of Art
- The Rio Hondo Golf Club
- The World’s Oldest McDonald’s
- Porto’s Bakery & Cafe
- Fatima’s Grill
- Gaucho Grill Argentine Steakhouse
- Stewart & Grub
- LA Buns
- Stinkin Crawfish – Downey
Get an Instant Quote today!
Whether you live in the city of Downey or are just traveling through, Good Auto Glass wants you to know that we are here for you in all your auto glass needs. Feel free to visit us at our shop, or give us a call for a consultation today. Good Auto Glass also serves the nearby Anaheim, Yorba Linda, Lakewood, Fullerton, and Cerritos areas.